Monday, March 2, 2009

FUEGO de dios

"The cross is the blazing fire at which the flame of our love is kindled, but we have to get near enough to it for it's sparks to fall on us."

You know those sparks are? Those sparks are the drops of His blood that fall on our head while we're clinging to the cross as Christ is being crucified... That's how close we need to be to ignite.

People warn us, don't get too close to the fire you might get burned. Not only do I want to get burned haha, I want to be freakin' consumed by that fire! So draw me close to You. Consuming fire, fan into flame, a passion for Your name. Lord have Your way with me.

And yes our God, He is a consuming fire
And the flames burn down deep in my soul
Yes our God, He is a consuming fire
He reaches inside and He melts down this cold heart of stone
[Third Day - Consuming Fire]

1 comment:

cPack said...

wow Stevo...I was just glancing over all your blog posts and they are really legit stuff

:) very deep/meaningful...I'm blessed to have a brother in christ like you and I look forward to continuing to go to Beacon with you and hearing another one of your sermons!

sparksss