Thursday, January 22, 2009

CELINE DION recites scripture

A little while back I was doing my Saturday morning devotional on 2Corinthians. I was going through chapter 12, when I stumbled upon verses 9-10. I meditated on it, and 'til today it's one of my favorite verses:

But he said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore I will boast all the more gladly of my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may rest upon me. For the sake of Christ, then, I am content with weaknesses, insults, hardships, persecutions, and calamities. For when I am weak, then I am strong.


Immediately after my QT, I went to the bathroom to get cleaned up, shave, shower, etc. Without fail, I always turn on my radio as I'm getting ready in the morning.

As soon as I pressed "Power On" on my bathroom radio, the first words I heard were "You were my strength when I was weak." [Celine Dion's song "Because You Loved Me."] Wow. When I heard it, I turned off the radio, and I left it on that note.

I love when that happens. I also love being weak, and I love having an Almighty Savior who leads me all the way.

Coincidence? I think not... :)

3 comments:

mkae said...

hahahahah, that should be your tag line now.

ChosenCho said...

amen to that brother
i love when that happens too man

sarah chong said...

it's crazy-- those things never used to happen to me until i really started reading. i love it.