Sunday, February 1, 2009

HUNGRY again?!

So on Friday night I had "dduk-boh-sahm", or in English, "all-you-can-eat-korean-bbq". And it was delicious--I ate so much that I had trouble walking back to the car! I went to sleep thinking I don't need to eat for the next week. However, when I woke up on Saturday morning... I was sooo hungry again. Funny how that works huh? You go to sleep with your stomach about to explode, and then you wake up even hungrier the next morning.

I feel that's how it is with Bible reading. The more you read, the more you desire and hunger for the Word. Your spiritual stomach stretches...meaning, if you read a lot daily, you're going to need to read a lot on a daily basis in order to keep you fed spiritually. Vice versa, if you barely eat anything the whole day, your stomach shrinks and you don't really feel too hungry. If you barely read the Word, your need for it will never grow. Which means you will never grow spiritually either. So eat up fellas!

Jesus answered, "It is written: 'Man does not live on bread alone,
but on every word that comes from the mouth of God.'"
[Matthew 4:4]

4 comments:

peace bay said...

I'm hungry again!!!

time to grub =)

hahaha (this post reminds me of the video at rendezvous)

ChosenCho said...

true that foo.
the more you eat the more hungrier you get! sheesh louise

Pxlimbo said...

seriously, funny how that works.

Shening said...

hahahah cho ur new fav word is foo huh?
oh and the saying is "jeez louise" hahah

nice post stevo.

i need to make a blog soon