Wednesday, May 30, 2012

RING by SPRING

This past weekend I was blessed with the opportunity to witness one of my best friends (Billy) propose to his girlfriend Daisy. It meant even more to me because I got to see it come to fruition from the very beginning. During the early stages, when Billy was my roommate I would hear him park his car in the garage but not come into the apartment for an hour. He would use the toilet but not come out for an hour, murmuring and whispering to himself. Until one day, I finally caught on and he revealed to me "I think I like Daisy." And so it began... I was there for all the ups and downs, the weekly fights and makeups... Up to the time he bought the ring and planned the engagement. I'm happy for ya'll and the road ahead. I'm excited that they are both leaving and cleaving, and I'm definitely looking forward to the wedding day. Exciting times they are! But no doubt you guys will need much prayer, and I promise to do my part in praying for you guys. Grace to you, for 'tis only the beginning.... muahaha  :)



"When over the years someone has seen you at your worst, and knows you with all your strengths and faults yet commits him- or herself to you wholly, it is a consummate experience. To be loved but not known is comforting but superficial. To be known and not loved is our greatest fear. But to be fully known and truly loved is, well, a lot like being loved by God. It is what we need more than anything. It liberates us from pretense, humbles us out of our self-righteousness, and fortifies us for any difficulty life can throw at us." [Tim Killer]

1 comment:

billykim said...

Haha Stephen, why Tim Killer? Thanks for all your help - our bond in Jesus rocks.