Wednesday, May 23, 2012

#YOLO

Dude I'm not sure if it's a good idea smokin that... It's okay, F*** it, YOLO!

Hey man I don't think you should hook up with that girl, what if she has STDs or something. Whatevers, YOLO!

You sure you could drive drunk? I dunno who cares, YOLO!

#YOLO - You Only Live Once. A phrase commonly used (and shouted) to defend an incredibly reckless and often idiotic action you are about to commit.

It's a cultural phenomenon. So ingrained in today's generation that oftentimes even I find myself thinking (sometimes shouting) this phrase, and doing certain things that I regret either the next day or whenever I sober up. Looking back I think to myself, "Wow that could've been really bad." Not only that, I realize it's so stupid in relation to the bigger picture of eternity. Our time on earth dictates where and how we will spend the all of eternity, which in our feeble, short-sighted minds we can't even begin to imagine. All we see and live for is this 70-100 years on earth--and actually, we don't even know if we will live to see tomorrow. All in the name of "F it. I need to experience it all. Here and now.~". Often forgetting it determines our fate in being in perfect joy with the Lord or in agonizing misery, for years on years with no end.

Yes, You Only Live Once. So let's make it count. Don't get caught up. Let us live eternally minded. Let us live for the Lord.

3 comments:

jojo said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
jojo said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
jojo said...

like.