Wednesday, October 22, 2008

SIN can be a good thing

So I wonder sometimes, why does God still allow me to sin?

Well, today I realized...

1) Every time I sin, it brings me back to the cross and onto my knees.
2) It humbles me because it reminds my prideful self that I can't beat sin out of my own will and strength.
3) It makes me dependent on God's power for victory, because apart from Christ I can do nothing.
4) It shows me how amazing the grace of God is, to save a sinner like me.

It's in the darkest of hours when you see the beauty of the stars. Oh how much more beautiful is grace in times of sin! It's after I sin when I feel nearest to God. Funny, I guess a little sin can be a good thing... sometimes. Haha.

5 comments:

billykim said...

Only if we can see the magnificence of Calvary in every moment of our lives!

Stephen Kim said...

what if we could see stars during the day, oh how sweet that would be...

ChosenCho said...

"This is all the hurt the devil does. When he foils a saint by temptation, he cures him of his careless neglect; he makes him watch and pray more."
-Watson

you didn't like this one that much, but it relates, haha.

you blogger

Anonymous said...

for sure stevo! i learned that this summer so deeply. He works ALL things for good!!! ALLLLLL! ahha. :)

mkae said...

sin brings about humility. it's a grand design aint it? haha. good to read steveo.