Tuesday, October 14, 2008

for to me, to LIVE is Christ and to die is gain. [philippians 1:21]

So my friends have been hootin' and hollerin' about going to the doctor to go and get my heart checked out. I finally surrendered and I went today, and I got a blood test, EKG test, urine test, X-Ray, every test you can imagine. And after about 4 hours of testing, they couldn't find anything wrong with me. Nothing. The doctor tells me, "Well, looks like everything is normal. You can go home now you're totally fine." Wooo~ **Breathing out a sigh of relief** I guess it was too early for me to call the "die is gain" part. I'm still in the "LIVE is CHRIST" era. Hehe :)

Geez I got all freaked out this past weekend for nothing. But maybe it was God's way of waking me up from my spiritual slumber. Looking back on it now, He works all things together for good. What a wonderful experience that was, now I know how the psalmist must've felt:

"Whom have I in heaven but You?
And besides You, I desire nothing on earth.
My flesh and my heart may fail,
But God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever."
[Psalm 73:25-26]


No reserves 'til the day I die. All out baby.

2 comments:

ChosenCho said...

just like my brother man.

man i love that verse.
piper used it when he suddenly detoured on his sermon about how much he hated the prosperity gospel. keep blogging man

Shening said...

haha stevo ur story is so funny. but hey man i'm glad ur fine. nice blog!